Today I worked on the equipment menu for the summons. Behold.
- Each summon has a weapon, alt weapon, and charm slot
- Weapons/alt weapons are specific to the summon (bow/arrow for Shaedu, bomb/fuel for Bloodfire, spear/shield for Aeox)
- Charms are generic and slottable to any summon
- Charms will be the basis for the “blessings” system, where you use an item to do something special to one of the summons. One example: a charm that turns the summon to stone, to reroute foes or create a blockade (Could it be called the Tiny Hammer?)
- All equippable gear has the opportunity to alter the summon’s base stats and weapon stats, as well as hook into many combat events such as taking damage, damaging another creature, before attacking, or even just an immediate effect (such as a shield).
Planned features for equipment:
- Usable charms and active items will have a charge count and recharge rate
- Recharging will probably be based on kills during battle, but could be based on other stuff
- Gear can be leveled up to boost general stats and unlock new effects at high levels. Leveled up charms would have more charges.
- Multiple charm slots available (probably an upgrade)
- Ability to infuse a charm permanently to a summon–upgade effects become permanent, frees up the charm slot–probably expensive or rare opportunity
My goal with the equipment menu is to allow for some strategy in between battles. You can’t change equipment once the fight starts, so you have to plan ahead a bit, and pick the best stuff considering the area you’re in.
Now to make some more items.