Escape Goat 2 is a puzzle platformer game where you use machinery, the environment, and a friendly mouse to progress through a dungeon.
Strange Places Await…
A mysterious mechanized forest, an abandoned cathedral, and 9 other regions connected to the Stronghold…Explore a new world of puzzles, traps, mechanisms and mystery in Escape Goat 2.
You may have escaped the Prison of Agnus and freed the captive sheep within… but now that the sheep have chosen to enter a new prison, you find yourself on a new rescue mission. Why have the sheep willingly given up their freedom, and for that matter why have you? The answers await in the Stronghold….
- Fully hand-illustrated, HD graphics by Randy O’Connor
- Amazing new atmospheric lighting and shadow effects
- New world map layout with branching pathways and secret routes
- 100 rooms to explore
- New gadgets including one-way doors, chain-driven elevators, movable switches and more
But wait, I liked Escape Goat 1… what’s the same?
- Unique “controlled-chaos” physics system for puzzle experiences seen in no other series
- Built-in level editor (although this may not ship with version 1.0, it will be free in an early patch)
- The mouse is back, and so is the magic hat…. perhaps even something new for him to wear?
What platforms are you supporting?
The initial launch will be for PC/Windows only. I hope to have OSX and Linux versions soon thereafter, it’s just a matter of porting the code base from XNA to MonoGame.
Will it include an editor like the first game?
Yes, but not in version 1.0. The editor is a lot more sophisticated than before, which means that making it user-friendly will take a significant amount of time. I’d rather offer it in a free patch than have it delay the game’s launch.